Based on sales from the NBA Store in New York and online sales through NBAStore.com, Guard Kobe Bryant once again has the most popular selling jersey in the NBA. Bryant’s #24 jersey was also the most popular in 2006-07, before falling to second last year in the wake of Boston’s acquisition of Kevin Garnett.
Here’s the top 15:
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets
4. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
5. Allen Iverson, Detroit Pistons
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
7. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
8. Nate Robinson, New York Knicks
9. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
10. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
11. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
12. Ray Allen, Boston Celtics
13. Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns
14. Shaquille O’Neal, Phoenix Suns
15. Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets
The Lakers also were the most popular team in overall merchandise sales.
Fans continue to demand Los Angeles Lakers merchandise as the team tops the NBA’s list of most popular team merchandise. Lakers merchandise has been the most popular among fans for six out of the last seven seasons. The Celtics fall to No. 2 after holding the top spot for the first time during its 2008 championship season. The New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls round out the top five.
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. New York Knicks
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Chicago Bulls
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Phoenix Suns
8. Miami Heat
9. Detroit Pistons
10. San Antonio Spurs
Head over to Lakersstore.com to get all your official Lakers gear.