From the NBA:
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2010 – The Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant has retained
the top spot on the NBA’s Most Popular Jerseys list, the ranking he has
held since the start of the 2008-09 season. The rankings are based on sales
at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com since the start of the
2009-10 NBA season.
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James maintains the No. 2 spot, while the
Orlando Magic’s Dwight Howard and the Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose appear in
the Top 5 for the first time. Howard makes a dramatic jump, moving from No.
10 to No. 3 on this year’s list. Rose’s popularity continues to grow and
moves into the No.4 spot from No.11 last season. The Miami Heat’s Dwyane
Wade rounds out the Top 5.
Shaquille O’Neal makes his way back into the Top 10 for the first time
since June 2008 at the No. 9 spot, while Kevin Durant re-emerges on the
list for the first time since January 2008. Denver Nuggets’ Carmelo Anthony
also moved up the list from No. 15 to No. 11.
The Los Angeles Lakers once again top the list of Most Popular NBA Team
Merchandise. The Boston Celtics hold on to the No.2 spot for the second
year in a row while, the Cleveland Cavaliers move up from No. 4 last season
to No. 3.
TOP 15 PLAYERS
1. Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James – Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Dwight Howard- Orlando Magic
4. Derrick Rose – Chicago Bulls
5. Dwyane Wade – Miami Heat
6. Kevin Garnett – Boston Celtics
7. Chris Paul – New Orleans Hornets
8. Paul Pierce – Boston Celtics
9. Shaquille O’Neal – Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Pau Gasol – Los Angeles Lakers
11. Carmelo Anthony – Denver Nuggets
12. Steve Nash – Phoenix Suns
13. David Lee – New York Knicks
14. Allen Iverson – Philadelphia 76ers
15. Kevin Durant – Oklahoma City