Last time they came into STAPLES Center, the Denver Nuggets emerged with a victory as Carmelo Anthony watched in street clothes due to a sprained ankle.
‘Melo’s back for Sunday’s matchup against the Lakers, which we previewed in full via podcast with Benjamin Hochman, the Nuggets’ beat writer for the Denver Post.
Among the topics we covered:
- George Karl: How does his illness affect the team?
- How and why Denver appears to think they’re better than the Lakers.
- As Hochman reported, Denver is 27-6 when Billups, Anthony, K-Mart and Nene all play … but do the additions of Arron Afflalo and Ty Lawson – and not another big man – make the Nuggs better than they were last season?
- Anthony’s health. He missed 13 games combined in January and February, but appears to be almost fully back.
- Why Sunday’s game is different from the first two meetings between the teams.
Take a listen: