The Lakers head to Europe Thursday evening for a preseason in London and Barcelona, in a continent where Kobe Bryant’s No. 24 sits at No. 1 on the list of most popular NBA jerseys for the third straight year.
That information, released by the NBA, comes a week after it was announced that Bryant also retained top selling status in China for the fourth consecutive year, and in the U.S./online for the third time in four years.
Bryant’s teammate Pau Gasol joined him on the European list, coming in at No. 4 behind LeBron James and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat.
Below is the Top 10 in Europe:
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers*
3. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
4. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
5. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
6. Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors
7. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors
8. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
9. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
10. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs